Thanks, but there is no 64 bit Windows version.
The Windows version is still developed in 32 bit, and at the very end of the testing a 64 bit version is produced?

How many 32 bit Windows systems are still around? Can't be that many, XP and Vista were primarily used as 32 bit versions, but I guess from Windows 7 onwards people installed 64 bit versions.

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
> Can you recommend any of these?

No. 2.53 is the end of the line for probably a few months to a year at least. Mozilla really broke the code with all the removals and more to come. I have 2.55 patched up with a bunch of interim fixes but most add-ons are broken.

Use 2.49.1 candidate 4 if you want a stable release now. I can provide a 2.53 but if you are after security updates this will only be good till Fx 57 is released.

FRG

Dirk Munk wrote:
Thanks FRG.

At present I'm using 2.53a1, and I've noticed there are 2.54a1 and 2.55a1 versions.

Can you recommend any of these?

Dirk

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Which version / build id? This was broken in 2.53+ for some time and fixed 4 weeks ago.

Bug 1379369

FRG

> Dirk Munk wrote:
When I open a link from another application, I will get a new and completely empty window, instead of a new tab with the web page.

I looked in the browser preferences, and everything seems to be ok.

What can cause this problem?