On 10/20/2017 7:57 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 20/10/2017 1:40 AM, Dirk Munk wrote:
Thanks, but there is no 64 bit Windows version.
The Windows version is still developed in 32 bit, and at the very end of
the testing a 64 bit version is produced?

How many 32 bit Windows systems are still around? Can't be that many, XP
and Vista were primarily used as 32 bit versions, but I guess from
Windows 7 onwards people installed 64 bit versions.

While this HP 6730b is a 64bit machine, the OS that was installed on it when I brought it eight years ago was Win7 WOW, which, I believe, is a 32bit OS modified to run on a 64bit machine

Being long-term unemployed (or under-employed), my financial situation does not allow me to update my system every five years or so!! ;-(

One of the nice things with Windows 10 is that you can update to it for free so long as you know the license key of your PC. One of the last times I tried updating to a fresh install of Win 10 using my existing Win 7 x64 Pro key, it worked. The free tool Produkey from Nirsoft will let you get your Windows key and Microsoft has a free tool called Windows 10 Media Creation Tool which will allow you to download the Windows 10 ISO. If you have a spare (or perhaps a friend with a spare) used hard drive, you could always burn the Windows 10 ISO to DVD and try installing Windows 10 to a spare hard drive so as not to mess up your existing setup. There are a few 500GB hard drives on Newegg for between $40-50 new. So no need to buy a new machine, just upgrade the OS. Good luck.