On 21/10/2017 2:08 AM, Dirk Munk wrote:
Daniel wrote:
On 20/10/2017 1:40 AM, Dirk Munk wrote:
Thanks, but there is no 64 bit Windows version.
The Windows version is still developed in 32 bit, and at the very end of
the testing a 64 bit version is produced?

How many 32 bit Windows systems are still around? Can't be that many, XP
and Vista were primarily used as 32 bit versions, but I guess from
Windows 7 onwards people installed 64 bit versions.

While this HP 6730b is a 64bit machine, the OS that was installed on
it when I brought it eight years ago was Win7 WOW, which, I believe,
is a 32bit OS modified to run on a 64bit machine

Being long-term unemployed (or under-employed), my financial situation
does not allow me to update my system every five years or so!! ;-(

You should have received many emails from MS enabling you to install
Windows 10. And indeed, by completely reinstalling Windows you can use
64bit Windows 10. If possible add some memory, and you want recognize
your PC, so much faster can it be. When I went from Windows 7 to Windows
8, it was remarkable to how much snappier Windows was. And that was from
64 bit Win 7 to 64 bit Win 8 on a notebook with 32GB.

If only, Dirk, if only!!

When I brought this Laptop, its RAM was max'ed out at 4GB (Two slots each with 2GB).

Over time, I did get messages from MS advising my OS would be updated soon, but it never has been. One of my sisters also brought a Laptop with Win7 on it and has been updated through Win 8, Win 8.1 and Win 10 ... but I'm still getting (or resumed getting) Win7 updates each month!!

Maybe it's because I'm WOW but she might have been x64 to start with!!

Oh, well. If I had my d'rathers, I'd be using one or other of the Linux OS's I have installed on this laptop to connect to the Internet!!

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.48 Build identifier: 20170329183526

Go Dallas Cowgirls!! .... Err!! ... Um!! .. I mean *Go Dallas Cowboys* !!