On 12/22/2017 02:46 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 12/22/2017 12:30 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
I use User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:51.0) Gecko/20100101
Firefox/51.0 SeaMonkey/2.48 on a Debian Stretch machine with the MATE
desktop.

I've never used youtube before.
I received a link to a youtube video
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82_bPWyrPFc> which played fine.

I did not have time to watch the whole video.
How can I download and save it?
    Its content is something I will wish to review and my data cap is
    low enough that I can not just repeatedly access it If I didn't get
    some point the creator was making.
Is there some way to pause a video if I'm interrupted?

TIA

I use the Download YouTube Videos extension.  Unfortunately, the
developer has removed it from the Web.  If you wish, I can put it on my
own Web site for you to download and install.  Just let me know with a
reply in this newsgroup thread.

I prefer using currently supported software.
I used Synaptic to quickly search the Debian repository with tantalizing results. Going to the respective home pages left me wondering if they even attempted to do what I want.

I suspect I'm missing something basic ;/

Thank you.