DoctorBill wrote on 04-01-18 00:58:
Ray_Net wrote:
DoctorBill wrote on 03-01-18 23:10:
DoctorBill wrote:
I had to drop my ISP - went downhill.

Now I have an ISP thru my Telephone Company at 6 Mbps and it works fine.

BUT - their E-Mail is pretty much garbage.    Frontier.com

My old ISP had an E-Mail service that worked well with my SeaMonkey.
The new "Frontier" service doesn't work well with SM. Clunky. Supposed to get
worse in 2018, Frontier says !

I have several gmail accounts, but gmail does not handle Pictures (photo files) very well.  There is no "In Line Photos" like SeaMonkey has - just "attachments".

Can anyone recommend a good E-Mail service that allows photos to be embedded in
the message like SM did ?  INSERT |  IMAGE   etc.....

I Googled E-Mail
www.technorms.com/14035/10-free-email-service-providers
and got a list.

Are any of those good for what I need ?  If not, can someone recommend others ?

DoctorBill

So many have said so much that I do not know WHO to reply to !

So - let's try THIS:

I did what someone told me to do - smtp.gmail.com , Port 587, username full,
normal password, STARTTLS.......
It apparently work and go thru to gmail, but gmail BLOCKED it !
Here is what is on the gmail e-mail incoming message: ( xxx'ed info out !)

    Review blocked sign-in attempt

Hi XXXXXX,
Google just blocked someone from signing into your Google Account
xyzwtmlp...@gmail.com
from an app that may put your account at risk.
    Less secure app
Tuesday, January 2, 2018 9:38 AM (PT)
City, USA*
Don't recognize this activity?
If you didn't recently receive an error while trying to access a Google service, like Gmail, from a non-Google application, someone may have your password.

SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT

So I checked on allow app (less secure).

DoctorBill

Why did you not try this ?

Outgoing mail server ( SMTP): smtp.frontier.com
with SSL and Port 465

I just did !

Holy Moley - It works !

Thank you profusely !

THAT is in the Frontier "outgoing Mail Server" setting.

Does that then apply to ALL my accounts since they have to go thru the
Frontier system ?

Normally your accounts may use the same SMTP server.
You will never encounter errors, because, you are connected at your ISP and you use his SMTP server. Most providers did not accept that you use their SMTP server IF you are NOT connected to them.

Example: My isp is scarlet.be when I am connected with scarlet.be i can send a mail (with the SM mail part) using smtp.scarlet.be When I am in the house of my son - his isp is voo.be - when I try sending a mail (with the SM mail part) using smtp.scarlet.be I fall in error.
I am sure, that If I configure a voo smtp server voo would accept my mail.
I did not configure that, so to be able to send a mail at my son's house I go with my browser on the webmail page of scarlet.be (this is not the mail part of SM)

The ingoing servers pop3 or imap are different because they acces your mailboxes.