On 3/7/2018 10:59 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
TCW wrote:
On 3/7/2018 10:07 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
I look to FoxNews often.
Of late, SM becomes simply unresponsive - especially to the Login.

If left alone, a message comes up about a script running, etc.

How do I stop any web site from running scripts ?
If I can't, what can I do to prevent these lock ups (a script running) ?

DoctorBill

Could be Fake News (sorry, couldn't help it) but also try updating to 2.49.2: https://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/2.49.2

Downloading now......Thanks.
Fake News - what's that ?   I believe EVERYTHING that CNN says !

BTW - IS SeaMonkey essentially dead ?   Not being supported of improved anymore ?
Saw a post here about that !

Not quite dead. I'm using a 2.53 x64 made by Frank-Rainer that's been stable but not all the bells and whistles are working.

A 2.49.3 is coming in the not too distant future which should be based off 52.7ESR once it gets finalized. There's not that many people working on it (3? 4? 10?) so updates come slower than before. It also didn't help when all the GUI and Quantum changes happened. Seamonkey is just so far behind that it's hard to catch up to those changes.