On 3/7/2018 at 12:05 PM, DoctorBill created this epitome of digital genius:
DoctorBill wrote:
I look to FoxNews often.
Of late, SM becomes simply unresponsive - especially to the Login.

If left alone, a message comes up about a script running, etc.

How do I stop any web site from running scripts ?
If I can't, what can I do to prevent these lock ups (a script running) ?

DoctorBill

I just downloaded "NoScript" and started it up.

It confuses an old man like me !

How do I make it stop FoxNews.com's Scripts ?

Don't know NoScript but you can temporarily turn off javascript at:

Edit - Preferences - Advanced - Scripts and Plugins.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/