On 03/11/2018 01:57 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
EE wrote on 10-03-18 19:26:
Richard Owlett wrote:
By a convoluted set of links, I arrived at

That page did not have the specific details I wanted, but suggested that the next level up, <www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/>, would be valuable. Many of the listed folders and documents will be.

I clicked on "Parent Directory" wishing a list of sister directories of <.../packaging-manuals>. Instead I got an HTML with lots of link. But what I want to see is the structure of the site, NOT content of individual pages. I read about spiders but they are content oriented.

Put the cursor at the end of the address in the address bar and backspace.  That is the easiest way.

Have you tested your idea ... ?
When you pass from https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/
to https://www.debian.org/doc/
and because on that directory a file named index.html is present you got this documentation page.

I did not know if this is the OP is looking for ...

It wasn't ;/
*HOWEVER* it is was that I had an erroneous conception of how modern websites were constructed. I had inferred from viewing <https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/> that whatever was at the next level up would have something with the same _apparent_ structure {i.e something with files and folders}. I got a response in another forum that was once the site structure but had not been true for some time.
Thanks all.