Ray_Net wrote:
EE wrote on 10-03-18 19:26:
Richard Owlett wrote:
By a convoluted set of links, I arrived at
<www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt>

That page did not have the specific details I wanted, but suggested that the next level up, <www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/>, would be valuable. Many of the listed folders and documents will be.

I clicked on "Parent Directory" wishing a list of sister directories of <.../packaging-manuals>. Instead I got an HTML with lots of link. But what I want to see is the structure of the site, NOT content of individual pages. I read about spiders but they are content oriented.

Suggestions?
TIA

Put the cursor at the end of the address in the address bar and backspace.  That is the easiest way.

Have you tested your idea ... ?
When you pass from https://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/
to https://www.debian.org/doc/
and because on that directory a file named index.html is present you got this documentation page.
https://www.debian.org/doc/index.html

I did not know if this is the OP is looking for ...

I have done that many times to get to a parent directory in a URL. Sometimes I am forbidden to access that, but that is a different problem.