Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 15-04-18 17:03:
Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 15-04-18 12:32:
Mozilla User wrote:
First YouTube, then YahooMail, now I will soon no longer be able to track my packages through USPS using SeaMonkey.

When on the USPS using SeaMonkey, I get this message:
Alert: As of April 30, USPS.com will no longer support outdated browsers. To continue access, you may need to upgrade your browser. Read more ›

:(

I guess years of using the Mozilla Browser, and then SeaMonkey are about to come to an end. I loved the idea of it and have been a loyal user for about 15 years, but now I guess I need to switch to FireFox. It's just a pain in the neck to keep switching between browsers for certain websites. I like having one browser for everything.

USPS says they require versions 59, 58.0.1 of Firefox. Easily done -- just lie to them (spoof FF by changing your user agent string). Lots of ways to do it if you want to, just ask around.

SO the best and esay way id that SM MUST, BY DEFAULT, use this UAstring
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0
instead tof this UAstring:
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.1

THEREFORE ALL PROBLEMS about supported browsers WILL DISSAPEAR ....

Because the browser engine IS FireFox AND NOT SeaMonkey.

We're right here, we can hear you fine, no need to SHOUT.

Since they require Firefox version 58.0.1 or above, I doubt that saying "Firefox/52.0" will work. That's why I suggested a user agent switcher.

Ok,yes, but the problem is because SM did not follow FireFox rapidly enough ...