cmcadams wrote on 16-04-18 08:36:
Ray_Net wrote:
Ed Mullen wrote on 15-04-18 17:16:
On 4/15/2018 at 2:22 AM, Mozilla User created this epitome of digital genius:
First YouTube, then YahooMail, now I will soon no longer be able to track my packages through USPS using SeaMonkey.

When on the USPS using SeaMonkey, I get this message:
Alert: As of April 30, USPS.com will no longer support outdated browsers. To continue access, you may need to upgrade your browser. Read more ›

:(

I guess years of using the Mozilla Browser, and then SeaMonkey are about to come to an end. I loved the idea of it and have been a loyal user for about 15 years, but now I guess I need to switch to FireFox. It's just a pain in the neck to keep switching between browsers for certain websites. I like having one browser for everything.

---

Add this to your prefs.js file with SM  closed:

user_pref("general.useragent.override.usps.com", "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0");

That way you'll still be reporting as SeaMonkey on all other sites which is good as it lets site owners know about SeaMoney.

Webmasters are not interested about SeaMonkey .. they ignore it and did not care about it.

My experience too. I'd point webmasters to someplace like geckoisgecko.org and they couldn't possibly have cared less.

What features does Seamonkey possess, precisely, that make it NECESSARY to tell them that it's Seamonkey, and not Firefox? If none, then it's just causing a lot of unnecessary trouble. The job of the UA string becomes to get our users in the door, and nothing else.

So, what is the latest FF version that SM can cover without technical hiccups? THAT should be our default UA string.

"THAT should be our default UA string" but the SeaMonkey developpers will NEVER accept this fact ... they are in their ivory-tower.