Richmond wrote on 08-05-18 22:21:
Ray_Net wrote:
Richmond wrote on 08-05-18 10:02:
Ray_Net wrote:
Richmond wrote on 07-05-18 11:54:
The same thing occurs in Thunderbird. I suppose you could argue that if
you want to display the body as plain text, then it should have no
interpretation of embedded headers at all, as that would be more
secure.
But it doesn't do that either, unless you use ctrl-U.
Iphone could be the culprit.
It might be. I did the test again using gmail webmail instead of the
iphone, and the attachment shows correctly.

As this applies to Thunderbird too I think I will raise a bugzilla, as
it might be a simple matter to adapt to the iphone/ipad.

I the Iphone/Ipad put the attachment into the html part ...
I suggest that SM nor TB must not permit to see this attachment when
reading in plain-text.
I that case, I suggest to close the bug immediately with the reason
"Works Correctly".
Bugzilla isn't just for bugs though, it's for change requests too. The
fact that it is working correctly doesn't mean it is useful or should
never be changed.

Why must TB or SM show a part of the HTML part when reading exclusively in plain-text. If you position your option to plain-text-only don't expect to reach the HTML part ...
Permitting to access the html part is an aberration ...

If you want to see the attachment Iphone/Ipad MUST put the attachment OUTSIDE de html part.