As shown in my Sig-file, I dual boot Win7 and Linux.

Normally when I open SM, on either OS, I start the M&N and Chatzilla screens and then, if needed, I manually open a Browser Screen.

Today, I was going to download a new MageiaLinux OS, Ver 7 Beta, on my current Linux OS, by connecting to my sisters Wireless System, so didn't want my M&N checking my Mail as my ISP would charge me extra for getting my Mail via a third party, So, before connecting to the Internet, I started SM and reduced my Mail Account to just its name and then went into Prefs and set "Appearance" to just start the Browser when I clicked on the SM Desktop icon.

I closed SM, connected to the wireless Internet and then started SM and the browser came up, as desired.

Then I clicked on the M&N icon in the lower left of the screen, so I could open my UseNet account and go to the Mageia group so I could get the address to get the OS download from. However, when the M&N screen opened, my mail account was expanded, so I'm guessing SM tried to get my mail, via my sister's ISP, which is going to cost me extra.

If I close the e-mail account so it's just a single line, and then close SM and then open SM (browser only) and then open the M&N screen, should to mail account be open ... and a signal sent off to collect any mail??

If this is the case, then how come SM M&N doesn't also open with the 'Local Folders' and my two other news accounts (including this Mozilla server) open and getting any messages from those accounts??
--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171016030418

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.49.1 Build identifier: 20171015235623