Rick & Sharon wrote:

Win10 Pro workgroup PC.
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4---Build identifier: 20180713174829

Have recently noticed that hyperlinks in received messages don't show URL info at the bottom of the current window, and also don't do anything when clicked.  The cursor does change when hovering so the link is recognized, it's just not acted on.  If I use 'Copy link location' and then try to paste that, there's nothing to paste.

Most of the time email links are a no-no, but 2 have been legitimate (one from my AV supplier, one from my ISP) and both failed to do anything.

Nothing obvious in Preferences, and shutting my AV completely off had no effect.

Are you saying that SeaMonkey is not recognizing and activating URLs in plain-text messages, or that your senders are formatting URLs as plain text in HTML messages?

For example, if I write http://www.example.com, does it remain plain text, or does SM recognize and activate it as a clickable link?

Paul B. Gallagher