Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:

rick-shar wrote:
...don't suppose you have any insights for the first one I described, with [x] references called out in the html code?

I don't really understand what your problem is with the first one. It's quite a common convention in plain-text emails where, unlike HTML, there is no formatting to turn arbitrary words into a link to a URL - the full URL has to be included as part of the text. Rather than include long URLs within the main text, which might make the it difficult to read, the sender has included the URLs at the bottom like numbered footnotes. The numbers in square brackets within the text refer you, the reader, to the corresponding footnote to find the URL. That's just a convention for human readability; there's no magic formatting in plain text which would turn the words next to the reference into a link to the URL.

What are you expecting to happen that's not happening? Or what's happening that you're not expecting?

The OP has said these are HTML messages (and he posted relevant code excerpts), so the normal expectation is for the display text to be hyperlinked to the URLs. In that case, the display text is what the reader sees, and the URL, no matter how long, is not visible. His complaint was that the hyperlinks don't work -- he mouses over and the cursor changes shape as it should, but nothing appears in the SM status bar and nothing happens when he clicks.

If you want more, read the thread as most people who want to help will do.

I have read the thread. I explained the issue with the second example he gave, which I can reproduce (some extra spaces at the beginning of the URL seem to prevent the link from working).

The message source provided for the first example started "Content-Type: text/plain" and did not include any HTML formatting - so looks like a plain-text email to me. Maybe that email also has an HTML part, in which case my guess would be that it's the same issue - but that's only a guess since as far as I can see looking back over the thread we haven't actually seen the HTML part of that message.

--
Mark.