Tom Pamin wrote on 31-03-19 21:18:
David H. Durgee wrote:
Tom Pamin wrote:
Paul Bergsagel wrote:
Tom Pamin wrote:
I'm no longer able to print from Bing Maps. I get a mesage: "There
was an unexpected problem while printing." It works fine using IE.
Any ideas?
Can you provide a link to the page you are trying to print from?

Any maps from this url. Occurs on all my PC's, Win7 and Win10:
https://www.bing.com/maps/

Tried it here in linux with 2.49.5 and got same message.  Error console
shows:

Timestamp: 03/31/2019 08:28:59 AM
Error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED) [nsIWebBrowserPrint.printPreview]"  nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)"  location: "JS frame :: chrome://global/content/browser-content.js :: enterPrintPreview :: line 652"  data: no]

The above was using the print option on my SM toolbar. Interestingly, I
tried the same in Firefox and instead got this displayed:

"Opps! Bing Maps doesn't support printing this way.  Please use the
print button on the Bing Maps action bar button to print"

So I located that on the drop-down under "more" and it created a
preview.  I didn't try to print it, but is that your problem?

Dave

Yes, the preview print button then displays the same can't print message. Why would it work in IE and not SM?

Because SM cannot manage the microsoft code ....