WaltS48 wrote:
On 5/27/19 4:26 PM, Ken Rudolph wrote:
Too many sites these days just do not support links from e-mail to the SeaMonkey browser (no matter how I set it to spoof Firefox). For instance Netflix e-mail links go to an "unsupported browser" page no matter what. I do also have the most updated version of Firefox on my computer. I was wondering if there is any way to set my e-mail composer (in SeaMonkey) to have the option to link to the actual Firefox browser when I click on a link rather than the SeaMonkey one. I want to continue to use the SeaMonkey mail side and also the actual updated Firefox browser side, at least as an option. By the way, I'm using SeaMonkey version 2.49.1, which I have been happy with... afraid to upgrade to version 2.49.4 since who knows what might happen to profile etc. Is it possible that just upgrading to the latest SM version might solve this?

Thanks.

You are using SeaMonkey 2.49.1, but posting to this newsgroup with "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0.3"?

No wonder Netflix thinks you are using an outdated browser.

Try changing the user agent to "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:59.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/59.0.3". The rv: and Firefox/ match in every version I have ever used.

I did try changing the user agent as you asked (I think it is done now.) I still get an error page on the Netflix site in the SM browser when I try to watch a video. It says: "Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight: You can use our HTML5 player or the Silverlight plug-in to watch Netflix TV shows and movies on PCs running Windows XP or later, and Intel-based Macs running OS X Tiger (v10.4.11) or later. You'll find a complete list of requirements below for HTML5, Silverlight 4, and Silverlight 5." claiming that this browser doesn't fit that requirement (although I think it does.)

Anyway, the e-mail link works to play videos when I open it in Firefox, Chrome and Edge. But not SeaMonkey with that user agent. What I need is a right click to "Open Message in Firefox" or whatever, not "Open Message in a New Tab." Would that be impossible?

--
Ken Rudolph