EE wrote on 09/23/2019 07:03 PM:
Lemuel Johnson wrote:
On 9/22/2019 8:44 AM, Chris Ilias wrote:
On 2019-09-21 4:19 p.m., Ant wrote:
I have so many bookmarks (since Netscape days (yep, I'm old!)) that I have to organize them into folders. I know my bookmarks exist when I do searches, but the found bookmarks doesn't tell me where they are in the manager. Is there a way to know where exactly my bookmarks are in its manager (e.g., which folders?)?

1. Go to the bookmarked page.
2. Click on the bookmark icon in the location bar. Beside "Folder", it should tell you the name of the folder the bookmark resides in. 3. If you don't know where that folder is located, click on the down arrow beside it, which will open the folder tree.

The problem with this approach is that if the bookmarked URL now redirects to a different location (or even replaces 'http' with https') the bookmark icon just creates a new bookmark instead of opening the Edit Bookmark dialog.

Lem Johnson

That is why one should have an extension that checks the validity of bookmarks. I have one for every browser except Safari, and I have an external application to check Safar's bookmarks.

I use *safari* on my /iPAD/, but I do not like it.....

--
Gerard-Jan Vinkesteijn-Rudersdorff

If A equals success, then the formula is A = X + Y + Z.
X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut.
        -- Albert Einstein

Fedora 30
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.5
Build identifier: 20190804141027