Dr.J.Elz-Fianda wrote:
Dear experts,
I had upgraded from Version 2.43 to version 2.53.1. That worked o.k. but the session manager did not do it. It stored the visited sites after a crash and diyplayed the lsit at new start bit the selcted sites wouldn't be loaded.
Therefor I gone back to Version 2.49.5.
My session manager waorks again but I have lost all stored passwords.
How can I get them back again ?= They are stored somewhere but I don*t remember under which file name and in which directory.
Thanks for help.
Jochen

Having looked at https://seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.53.1/ you have a big problem. Your first start of 2.53.1 reformatted some files and they are no longer readable onder the older level. It is all in the release notes above, look for the BIG RED WRITING at the top and the (bold) "Data loss warning:".
Suggestion 1: Go back to 2.53.1 again.
Suggestion 2: Take a full profile backup if you want to try and repair things, you are probably out of luck there but at least you should not do any further damage.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/