On a 64 bit Dell Optiplex running 64 bit Win 7 Pro, I presently have SM 2.49.4 installed. I am not certain whether existing SM mail is 32 bit or 64 bit as it has been in use for several years.

I want to change the company providing the mail service and change the name of the mailbox. In the process, however, I want to keep all of the existing inbox and sent mail files.

Can I simply copy the old inbox and sent mail files and paste these two files into a new mail account I establish with the new mail provider?

Please put any comments in simple language as I am 82 and although I go back to the MS-DOS days, I have forgotten more PC-related things than I like to admit. Thanks, in advance, for any and all advice, comments, or guidance.