On 6/3/2020 10:48 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Frog wrote:
Why are my outgoing messages not being recorded in the Sent folder?

Frog

Why are you opening new threads?

You asked me a question, and I will reply to that question. Yes, I have sent several connected threads over the past several days-weeks. This response is not to show disrespect for the help I have received from this newsgroup in past years…it has truly been professional in all respects; and I appreciate what individuals willingly give of their time to assist me and others, when they don’t know the answer to a SeaMonkey problem. I am in no way an expert at the technical aspects of a computer…in fact, I recently replaced my old flip phone for a new Jitterbug smart phone…and even that is currently a challenge for my lacking technical skills. Well, back to “Why are you opening new threads? My recent threads do deal with one software program…SeaMonkey. I presently do not know, after my many recent threads, why…I can see newsgroup subjects, but I cannot open them in SeaMonkey, and I do not know why my non-newsgroup messages are not being recorded in my Sent folder. I decided, since I have not gotten a solution for my problems, I would start attempting to take them one at a time. Yes, I am not the youngest person to need help (83); but I have no other place to turn for help…particularly now that I have to watch myself during this virus situation. I hope you understand my reasoning for the message in this thread…I was looking for easy to follow instructions in order that I would be able to return to a normal SeaMonkey.

I will now recap what I have done as a result of your message:

Make a complete Windows backup
I made the backup.

Deinstall Seamonkey x86
Deinstall Seamonkey x64
Deinstall Thunderbird.
I did deinstall both Seamonkey x86 and x64. I did not deinstall Thunderbird…it is the only way I have of accessing the newsgroup.

Reboot
I rebooted my system after SeaMonkey was removed.

Make sure that nothing is left in

C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey
C:\Program Files (x86)\SeaMonkey
I did make this check, and no SeaMonkey was found in Program Files.

Install SeaMonkey 2.53.2 x64.
I reinstalled SeaMonkey 2.53.2 x64 as you suggested.

Make sure it is installed in C:\Program Files\SeaMonkey
That is where it is installed.

Make it the default for mail, browser and news protocols
I do not know how to make default for browser and news protocols. It is identified as default for mail.
.

Make sure that you profile data is found and accessible. If unsure create a new profile and copy all the old data into it.
My profile was found without my involvement.

FRG

Here are the results---my problems in SeaMonkey have not changed.

When I click on a message to open it, I see one page flash by followed by a second window…

Window #1 is titled “Re: Moderated posts on News.mozilla.org (technical) – mozilla.general on news.mozilla.com – SeaMonkey”

Window #2 is titled “SeaMonkey”;and it is the one that comes up, when I open my browser.

I can send a message from SeaMonkey…this message does not show up in my Sent file.

Again, I do thank you for your help…and, hopefully, your continued help in the future.

Frog