On 6/5/20 1:09 PM, Frog wrote:
On 6/3/2020 10:05 AM, Frog wrote:
Why are my outgoing messages not being recorded in the Sent folder?

Frog

I have not given up on making SeaMonkey move a copy of an outgoing message to my Sent folder...and I might have found my answer to my problem. I took a look at Local Folders to see what clues the Sent file might reveal, and this is what I found:

Name        Date modified    Type        Size
Sent        6/4/2020 7:23    File        2,605,188 ...
Sent.mst    6/4/2020 7.23     MSF File    2 KB

I decided that the Sent folder was likely full, so I proceeded to rename the two folders (OLD_Sent and OLD_Sent.msf).  I then visited the the OLD Sent and OLD Sent.msf Properties in order to make a new Sent and a new Sent.msf folders like the original folders. Next, I created two new folders in Local Folders (Sent and Sent.mst).  Well, all seemed to be going good at this point; so I sent a test message to myself to see if a copy was placed in my sent file. I got the following window when I attempted to send my test message:

Save Message
Your message was sent, but a copy was not placed in your sent folder (Sent) due to network or file access errors. You can retry or save the message locally to Local Folders/sent Local Folders.
         Retry    Save    Don't Save

My thinking was, the system just needs to find the new Sent - Sent.msf folders and all would be working normally...thus, I clicked Save in the above window.  My next move was paying a visit to Local Files>Sent to see my saved message...I could not find my message.

All of the above tells me that something has changed as a result of my actions.  I did not receive any "Save Message" window previously, when I sent a message.  I also learned that the Sent folder was stuffed (likely to its limits) and could not hold another message.  I also am not able to find a way of opening the stuffed Sent folder to remove the overload that exists.

I did notice that the original folders simply identified the type of file as Sent and Sent.msf and the new folder identify is "Sent folder" and "Sent.msf folder".  I cannot figure out how to change the new folders to look like the old original folders.

Well, there you you have a recap of my actions taken to activate storage of my sent messages on my system.  I can delete the new Sent and Sent.msf folders and rename the the OLD_Sent and OLD_Sent.msf folders to Sent and Sent.msf.

Frog

P.S. I continue to think about the other suggestions made in this thread.  Be assured that they are all very much appreciated at this time of trying to make my computer work.

I always thought that email messages went into that accounts Sent folder and not the Local Folders > Sent folder.

The Sent folder in Local Folders is where newsgroup messages I send get placed.

That's the way my SeaMonkey works anyway.

The Sent folder in Local Folders is a computer folder.

You need to configure the email accounts "Copies & Folders" settings to "Automatically place a copy in: "Sent" Folder on: Local Folders.

I always place the copy in the accounts Sent folder. It is the default location.

--
OS: Ubuntu Linux 18.04LTS - Gnome Desktop
https://give.thunderbird.net/en-US/