Frog wrote:
On 6/3/2020 10:05 AM, Frog wrote:
Why are my outgoing messages not being recorded in the Sent folder?

Frog

I have not given up on making SeaMonkey move a copy of an outgoing message to my Sent folder...and I might have found my answer to my problem. I took a look at Local Folders to see what clues the Sent file might reveal, and this is what I found:

Name        Date modified    Type        Size
Sent        6/4/2020 7:23    File        2,605,188 ...
Sent.mst    6/4/2020 7.23     MSF File    2 KB

I decided that the Sent folder was likely full, so I proceeded to rename the two folders (OLD_Sent and OLD_Sent.msf).  I then visited the the OLD Sent and OLD Sent.msf Properties in order to make a new Sent and a new Sent.msf folders like the original folders. Next, I created two new folders in Local Folders (Sent and Sent.mst).  Well, all seemed to be going good at this point; so I sent a test message to myself to see if a copy was placed in my sent file. I got the following window when I attempted to send my test message:

Save Message
Your message was sent, but a copy was not placed in your sent folder (Sent) due to network or file access errors. You can retry or save the message locally to Local Folders/sent Local Folders.
         Retry    Save    Don't Save

My thinking was, the system just needs to find the new Sent - Sent.msf folders and all would be working normally...thus, I clicked Save in the above window.  My next move was paying a visit to Local Files>Sent to see my saved message...I could not find my message.

All of the above tells me that something has changed as a result of my actions.  I did not receive any "Save Message" window previously, when I sent a message.  I also learned that the Sent folder was stuffed (likely to its limits) and could not hold another message.  I also am not able to find a way of opening the stuffed Sent folder to remove the overload that exists.

I did notice that the original folders simply identified the type of file as Sent and Sent.msf and the new folder identify is "Sent folder" and "Sent.msf folder".  I cannot figure out how to change the new folders to look like the old original folders.

Well, there you you have a recap of my actions taken to activate storage of my sent messages on my system.  I can delete the new Sent and Sent.msf folders and rename the the OLD_Sent and OLD_Sent.msf folders to Sent and Sent.msf.

Frog

P.S. I continue to think about the other suggestions made in this thread.  Be assured that they are all very much appreciated at this time of trying to make my computer work.

Maybe if you had done things the other way around, it would have worked. Instead of renaming the Sent folder, create a new folder called Sent-old and transfer the messages from Sent to that. If you use the File button, it is very easy to transfer messages from one folder to another.