On 07/07/2020 03:53 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm using SeaMonkey 2.49.4
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711182954

My email provider is going thru his annual "Update Your Password" campaign. I've successfully changed the password on his end.

I can not remember how to reset SeaMonkey's copy of the password.
I can go to
   Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Passwords > Password Manager
and display the existing password.

How do I change it? ???????????? ;{
I know I did it last year but can't remember how.
Please help a septuagenarian who is aging ;}
TIA

You change it by selecting the account under the Domain in the Password Manager.
Click the "Remove" button.
Close and restart SeaMonkey.
Attempt to get email for that account.

I tested this with my Verizon email account and it only asked for my password because the Username is still in the account settings.

HTH

Didn't work.
Never got a chance to enter password. Received error message:> Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server ****** responded:
Invalid format for plain response.