WaltS48 wrote:
On 7/8/20 4:54 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
On 07/07/2020 03:53 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
I'm using SeaMonkey 2.49.4
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Build identifier: 20180711182954

My email provider is going thru his annual "Update Your Password" campaign. I've successfully changed the password on his end.

I can not remember how to reset SeaMonkey's copy of the password.
I can go to
   Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Passwords > Password Manager
and display the existing password.

How do I change it? ???????????? ;{
I know I did it last year but can't remember how.
Please help a septuagenarian who is aging ;}
TIA

You change it by selecting the account under the Domain in the Password Manager.
Click the "Remove" button.
Close and restart SeaMonkey.
Attempt to get email for that account.

I tested this with my Verizon email account and it only asked for my password because the Username is still in the account settings.

HTH

Didn't work.
Never got a chance to enter password. Received error message:> Sending of username did not succeed. Mail server ****** responded:
Invalid format for plain response.

Have you tried setting up the account in a test profile?

The Username is in the format usern...@emailprovider.com or .net or whatever it is supposed to be?

Tools-Data Manager -> Passwords only in Listbox. Click on the mail domain and you should see a url starting with e.g. imap smtp news and a username as your mail address. Remove it and you password should be gone. Close and reopen SeaMonkey to be sure this is picked up.

Nrute force is to remove logins.json when SeaMonkey is closed but that will kill all saved passwords.

FRG