On 08/23/2020 02:30 PM, Bill Spikowski wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote:
"Bookmark Manager" *can* move groups of bookmarks to different place in hierarchy. *HOWEVER* I have thousands of bookmarks and it is near impossible to view structure as a whole. [places.sqlite is 10.5 MB]

Exporting as HTML loses relationship between groups of bookmarks.

Short of learning to program sqlite, suggestions?

TIA

I'm up to 12,000 bookmarks these days, and have never had a problem moving large folders of bookmarks around using Bookmark Manager.

I have maybe 15 first-level folders, with lots of subfolders within each. With that kind of organization, I can easily see the big-picture folder structure, and still have plenty of room on the screen to drill down within a couple of first-level folders at the same time while reorganizing the subfolders and individual bookmarks.

Ohhh you WELL organized soul. That is my goal.

What I have is an ad hoc collection of POORLY organized bookmarks. Some in logically nested collections. Many just scattered loose. Some may date back to Netscape days.

As you observed, once there is a logically organized set of folders there is no problem moving folders or sub-folders to a new location in the tree. That's what prompted my post ;/

As an interim solution, is there a way of printing/displaying only folder titles while displaying their logical tree structure?

Thank you.