On 08/27/2020 01:41 AM, Daniel wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote on 27/08/2020 3:48 AM:
[ *SNIP* ]

Temporarily I have a 64 bit version of SeaMonkey running on a test machine. I see the two pane version of Bookmark Manager. IT is evidently a difference between 32 and 64 bit versions of SeaMonkey.

As shown by my sig file, I dual-boot this laptop, so at different times I have used 32 bit SeaMonkey (Win7 WOW64) (like now) and 64 bit SeaMonkey (Linux x64) and I have ALWAYS seen the two pane version of Bookmark Manager, so, I'm guessing, it's something you have done/haven't done!

Just what did I do? <grimace>
Just created a new profile as test case.
It behaves as you have described.

HOWEVER;
If in my active profile's Bookmark Manager I do Tools->Backup, my test profile complains of an unspecified error when doing a Tools->Restore.

Preliminary spot check implies the restore was successful.
Now for some careful backups and moves of critical information from existing profile to the new profile.