no...@nonospam.org wrote:
https://www.jewelosco.com

This is the site for a major grocery store and pharmacy chain. It locks up SeaMonkey v2.53.5.1 on a fully updated Windows 10 Pro system. Try to do anything and it shows "Not Responding".

It is necessary to use Task Manager to kill the process to get out of it. Task Manager shows it is using a huge amount of memory (Over 1GB) while trying to load the site. I have never seen a site that is so totally incompatible with SeaMonkey, and this is a large corporation which makes it particularly egregious.

This is critical because the site will be allowing customers to sign up for Covid-19 vaccinations at local pharmacies within a few days.

This is not a recent problem. I have been using Firefox as an alternative. But now I get an email with a link to a location on this site for vaccine signup and I can't use it.

Jewel-Osco is part of the Safeway/Albertsons chain, and the email link actually points to a location on their site, which seems to be interconnected and has the same problem.

Here is that link:
https://click.email.safeway.com/?qs=e10b65d13a9b9d398e6144d2fe0737fc3111c383162265cda4969e284a29d815e7cfc1fcbc31cbbd7840ba3d1d758647eef30b7ce6211e885d5469b7c597d375

I know SeaMonkey v2.53.6 was just released, but I'm not ready to try it just yet.

I have been using SeaMonkey for years but I'm running out of patience with it.

John

Two possible workarounds here:
1 - about:config and then modify general.useragent.compatMode.strict-firefox (you may well have to restart Seamonkey before the change becomes active). 2 - Right-Click on the link "Copy link location", feed it into Firefox - or some other browser.

--
spammo ergo sum, viruses courtesy of https://www.nsa.gov/malware/