"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> you don't have to use a far too complex xml parser like xerces or the one that ships
>with sun's java
> it's no problem to write a specialized, small and fast xml parser for this project
>only, you just drop things linke xlink, xpointer, namespaces and stuff, make an
> easily machine-readable dtd and use a function like String header =
>getBetween("<header">,"</header>") or customize it to getBetweenTag("header"),
> then you can make a for(Enumeration
>subnodes=getSubNodeEnumerationBetweenTag("header");) and eat all subnodes right away.
>simple.
> you can even drop support for node attributes, anything can be described fine with
>just nude elements, and it is much more readable.
> having designed a dtd, too, you can easily port your protocol to other projects as
>well, without demangling the source or digging into some specs....

Why bother re-inventing a subset of XML to do this, when we already
have and use fieldset code for doing all our configuration and for the
network protocol?  If we do end up using a subset of XML, it'd look
like XML, and people would try throwing real XML with all its quirks
and evilness at the parsers designed for mini-XML, and things "just
wouldn't work."

Thelema
--
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Raabu and Piisu
GPG 1024D/36352AAB fpr:756D F615 B4F3 BFFC 02C7  84B7 D8D7 6ECE 3635 2AAB