>> you don't have to use a far too complex xml parser like xerces or the one that
>ships with sun's java
>> it's no problem to write a specialized, small and fast xml parser for this project
>only, you just drop things linke xlink, xpointer, namespaces and stuff, make
an
>> easily machine-readable dtd and use a function like String header =
>getBetween("<header">,"</header>") or customize it to getBetweenTag("header"),
>> then you can make a for(Enumeration
>subnodes=getSubNodeEnumerationBetweenTag("header");) and eat all subnodes right away.
>simple.
>> you can even drop support for node attributes, anything can be described fine with
>just nude elements, and it is much more readable.
>> having designed a dtd, too, you can easily port your protocol to other projects as
>well, without demangling the source or digging into some specs....
>>

>Why bother re-inventing a subset of XML to do this, when we already
>have and use fieldset code for doing all our configuration and for the
>network protocol?  If we do end up using a subset of XML, it'd look
>like XML, and people would try throwing real XML with all its quirks
>and evilness at the parsers designed for mini-XML, and things "just
>wouldn't work."

hm, you are right.... show me a failsafe program or algorithm
but xml would be SO nice :[
and given the dtd every user knows which elements are accepted. right now i can patch
the metadata by inserting unknown keywords, too

i saw there was no positive feedback on this idea, so i just try to comfort with this
and do not annoy anymore...

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in
reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and
delete the material from any computer.