I'm running it on debian.  Its just easier to download the package from the
website and install it.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Fredrik Persson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, December 07, 2002 7:06 PM
Subject: [freenet-support] Failed bigtime with Debian/FreeNet

> Hi!
>
> Anyone using FreeNet on Debian? I've tried for six hours to make the
.deb-package do ANYTHING, but so far it has not yet started to listen to
port 8888. It's running though, I can see it with 'ps ax'. (No luck in
pointing a browser to http://127.0.0.1:8888, and netstat shows that nothing
is listening to that port either.)

> I've tried every JAVA interpreter in Debian, with the same result. No
luck. I've set log level to debug, but nothing useful is written to the log
file.