[EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Only FF is ok.
>
> Other sites seems to be still there, but how retrieve it if
>  TFE is not working ?

I strongly urge you to keep local bookmarks to other pages that
you enjoy reading on a daily basis.  If you have a Freesite of
your own, bookmark it, and keep some up-to-date links on it.

This way, you won't be totally cut off when TFE fails.

> I bet that most of freenetters have no link
>  to freesites, but only to TFE.

Fortunately, you could just retrieve yesterday's edition.  Of
course, in the event of a prolonged or permanent disappearance,
this would eventually cease to be a meaningful workaround.

> Maybe insert a well known key retrievable from
>  proxy page with some active links to freesites
>  or to a non-dbr version of TFE can be a good idea.

There is no non-DBR version of TFE.  Just get yesterday's edition.
If you're running a sufficiently new version of Freenet, you even
get a link to click on from the DNF page.  I don't know what happens
if you click this when TFE has been missing two days in a row,
though.  Maybe you'd have to break out the keyboard and type
"?date=20030105" in the URL bar or something.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |