> Hi,
>
> at the moment I'm running my node with the Sun JRE 1.4.2_03 but
> it doesn't work quite good (many errors within the log,

What kind of errors ?

> high CPU
> and memory usage, node totally stalls after ~6 hours). From reading
> other messages here I got the impression that the actual stable
> build should do way better than it does for me. So can this be a
> problem with the current Sun JRE?

or maybe a configuration problem.

I'm running with the IBM JVM 1.4.1 wich has (at least under linux)
dramatically better performances than the SUN JVM.

BTW, I had to make some adjustements :

The JVM is launched with the option to allows up to 200 MB of RAM allocated.

I had to increase (currently up to 4096) the number of allowed open file
for the user running the node.

I had also to increase (currently up to 350) the maximum number of threads.

My node is now running with th last stable version since 18 hours without
problems (except BW overload), on a K7-800MHz with 512 MB of RAM. It use
about 30% of CPU.