On 05-Apr-2004 Pierre Abbat wrote:
> On Monday 05 April 2004 15:40, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
>> Try reducing maximumThreads and/or maxNodeConnections.  You didn't mention
>> which version of freenet you're running, but you may also want to check
>> your rtMaxNodes setting as well, as later versions employ a formula whereby
>> the maximum number of node connections is based on the maximum number of
>> routing table nodes.
> 
> maximumThreads isn't set to anything. Neither are the others. What should I 
> set them to? I don't know the version number, but it was the latest tarball 
> yesterday.

I've been getting good results with the following:

maxNodeConnections=128
maximumThreads=128
rtMaxNodes=256
targetMaxThreads=128
tfAbsoluteMaxThreads=128

> By the way, there is a file called distrib/NodeConfig.exe which appears to be
> a Windows binary. Why is it in the tarball I downloaded for Linux?

Hmm, can't say for sure on that one, but probably because there's only a single
cross-platform distribution that's posted for downloading.

-- 
Conrad Sabatier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - "In Unix veritas"

_______________________________________________
Support mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.gmane.org/gmane.network.freenet.support
Unsubscribe at http://dodo.freenetproject.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/support
Or mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to