> As I said above, it is technically possible to run it behind a firewall

ok so I have put an automatic update of dns name in my internal Dns server which point
to my external IP (externalIP.server.network) and put it in the freenet.ini.
I wish freenet is able to do a simple nslookup for retrieve the external IP now ? It
seems to work but there is so much error in the log that I wonder if it's really a
stable version I have.

Most users use dyndns so if tomorrow dyndns stop his service so we can say 50% of the
freenet network will be dead ? You talk about a decentralized network so if each
people use the same dns servers it means centralized network.

Freenet is slow (slow as a wounded rabbit ?), more slow than the time I had an
internet connection with a 28.8k modem. I am thinking to some people who can't have a
DSL or Cable connection, they can really use freenet ?!

> with only outgoing connections. But it will not run very well in that
> case - certainly it will take more time for it to "find its feet".
>
> > Lot of constraint for trying to make a free network with everyone.
> >
> > I am force to make a little program who will modify the freenet.ini for changing
> > the IP and unloading and reloading Freenet? I wonder why so basic things are not
> > implement in Freenet.
>
> How do we find it? How do you find it? You ask an external server,
> right? We have no central server so we would have to ask other nodes,
> and because we can't necessarily trust them, we'd have to verify that
> several nodes give the same address. We haven't got around to
> implementing this yet.
ящика!