On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 05:53:51AM +0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I have re download the seednode after thinking freenet was frozen for 5 minutes
> because no progress bar working (another bug).

What exactly happened? You tried to access a freenet site and it took
more than 5 minutes to fetch it? Or what?

> I have access to freenet web page now. Thanks for the help.
>
> But if I understand, Freenet can't work on a network without fixed IP or dns server ?

It can detect the IP address if it is directly connected to the network.
It is quite important (although not strictly essential with bidi
routing) for it to know its own IP address and we have not yet
implemented on-network IP detection.

> Freenet can't work with an internal IP and port redirection from the external IP so
> no way to go throw a firewall ?

As I said above, it is technically possible to run it behind a firewall
with only outgoing connections. But it will not run very well in that
case - certainly it will take more time for it to "find its feet".

> Lot of constraint for trying to make a free network with everyone.
>
> I am force to make a little program who will modify the freenet.ini for changing the
> IP and unloading and reloading Freenet? I wonder why so basic things are not
> implement in Freenet.

How do we find it? How do you find it? You ask an external server,
right? We have no central server so we would have to ask other nodes,
and because we can't necessarily trust them, we'd have to verify that
several nodes give the same address. We haven't got around to
implementing this yet.