Hi toad, you wrote
> Recent builds, both stable and unstable, have a bug that causes
> connections to fail with crypto related errors. This is probably not due
> to NativeBigInteger, as it happens on stable, which doesn't have NBI.
> Iakin has produced it reliably, although most nodes seem to work anyway.
> It can be reliably reproduced on a local test network. I have made some
> progress (an identity appears to be corrupted somehow), but I haven't
> finished yet. I will fix it on Monday.

Do these errors include the following? This doesn't look crypto related.

25.07.2004 11:40:14 (freenet.support.io.NIOInputStream, YThread-2822, NORMAL): waited
more than 120000ms in NIOIS.read() tcp/connection: 8481>127.0.0.1:36693,[EMAIL
PROTECTED]:[EMAIL PROTECTED] closing
java.lang.Exception: debug
        at freenet.support.io.NIOInputStream.read(NIOInputStream.java:302)
        at
freenet.interfaces.FreenetConnectionRunner.handle(FreenetConnectionRunner.java:81)
        at
freenet.interfaces.LocalNIOInterface$ConnectionShell.run(LocalNIOInterface.java:268)
        at freenet.thread.YThreadFactory$YThread.run(YThreadFactory.java:285)

I used ethereal, but forgot to save. So from memory this is what
happens: Frost sends a ClientHello message, but gets no answer and after
2 minutes, fred resets the connection.

Adiaux
  Marc