48 hours should get tolerable performance on the current code... well,
for some. For others it can take a week. It's not really clear. The
current network takes too long to learn, that's one thing we're trying
to fix with the 0.7 rewrite. This is assuming you have the ability to
receive incoming connections, of course. Do you? The Open Connections
page (go to Advanced first), lists how many connections you have inbound
and outbound. Oh and also, check the build number - it should be 5100 or
5101.