On Tuesday 18 August 2009 18:19:24 Evan Daniel wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 1:14 PM, Sam<test...@codingninjas.org> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am wondering how long it should take to fill up the datastore of 100g
> > that I
> > setup? It has only filled up about 10g of the 50g (datastore half of
> > datastore). This node has been running 24/7 for almost a year now with the
> > setting of 100g for datastore. The connection speed is 100kB/sec up and down
> > and it averages close to that. I rarely download anything from freenet, but
> > shouldn't other peoples traffic cause my datastore to be filled up by a year
> > of running at 100kB/sec!?
> >
> > Is that normal that it is so incredibly under utilizing the space I have
> > given
> > it?
> >
> > Or is something wrong?
> > Should I nuke it and reinstall freenet completely? I don't want to try
> > nuking
> > it if it is just going to end up taking a year to build up to 10g again.
> >
> > Thanks for any help.
>
> Nuking things won't help anything, and is bad for the network.  Please don't.
>
> Unfortunately, this is a known issue that needs fixing.  See eg bugs
> 2932 and 2933 on the bugtracker.

I'm not following. He is complaining that even of the 50GB half that is the
cache, that is not filling up as fast as he hopes. I doubt he has averaged
100KB/sec over a year, but if he had, that ought to be 3TB of data transferred;
why have we only cached 10GB of it!?

IMHO the most likely explanation is that the store stats are inaccurate. We
should verify this, perhaps with the original reporter.