On Sat, 16 Oct 2010 12:43:00 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> On Friday 15 October 2010 16:54:22 Dennis Nezic wrote:
> > On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 16:29:52 +0100, Matthew Toseland wrote:
> > > We are considering making it impossible to use Freenet without a
> > > browser supporting Javascript. Yes or no answers would be useful
> > > (feel free to make further comments). I will post a similar poll
> > > to FMS. I suggest somebody does Frost, I personally don't use
> > > Frost.
> >
> > Wtf -- my computer clock has jumped a few months. It's April
> > already?
> >
> > (JavaScript is pure evil -- it is at the root of much of
> > website-evil
> > -- in ten years when it becomes extinct, people will look back at
> > these years, at how ugly and disfunctional and anti-user and
> > mouse-centric and cpu-draining we made life for ourselves, and
> > shiver at the thought of human potential. My main browser doesn't
> > support JavaScript. I have to be pulled by the teeth to open up
> > Midori or Firefox on asshole-websites, and pretty much every time
> > my CPU skyrockets to 100% and my fingers start bleeding on my
> > touchpad, hovering over all the retarded elusive god-damned popup
> > menus.)
>
> IMHO "cpu draining" and "10 years" are kind of incompatible concepts!

Lol, true :b. Nevertheless, I, for one, want Freenet to work on any
computer, even old ones, not only on the latest quantum computers.

The cpu-hogging (and other bugs) is due to crappy JavaScript
implementations, I think. For example, the JavaScript on google-maps
and youtube is frequently broken in my Midori browser, and I'm forced
to use Firefox -- the only browser that website (un-)developers care
about. Although, even in less buggy, more-efficient implementations, my
cpu is still substantially bogged down with retarded animation and
such. Adding (well, enforcing) another layer of complexity is just
asking for trouble.