Thank you, thank you!
I did what you recommended (re-install with version .07) and now it works fine.
I was finally able to download/send messages.
Additional question though: during the Frost installation it said that because
there were apparently more than one node in force, the persistence would not be
available.. What does this mean and how can I possibly check the number of
nodes registered. In effect, as fas as I know,, I only have one Freenet
running...
Thx again for your help!