This is sent anonymously, sorry if this message appears more than once.
The remailer network is not very reliable.

I see Matthew Toseland propagating darknet, connection to 'friends'
only, in favour of opennet.
Now since there is no way around the fact that 'friends' must know your
IP and it being very easy for them to monitor all you do on Freenet, I
think using darknet is by definition making yourself much more
vulnerable than opennet, no matter how much more attacks may be
possible to the strangers network. Also no matter the visibility of me
having a Freenet node up.

Because it takes just one infiltrant who just has to sit back and
follow all connections to know exactly who to pick out.

As an internet pedophile, I know that there is no worse security than
breaking the rule: trust no one.
I can't possibly seek out 'trusted friends' in real life, that's
hopefully obvious.
But it stretches to say, Chinese dissidents who may find it easier to
have real life trustees. Also their darknet can be compromized by
government and how many can one infiltrator then catch at once?