I'm now blaming this on hardware failure.  The hard drive I have
freenet configured to use will fail soon (according to SMART).  I'm
blaming this on the lack of performance on the one machine.

Oh well... Thanks! for everything.  I guess I'm set for now! Come
October, I'll build a dedicated machine for Freenet ;)

--Don