> Can you please send me your wrapper.log? This will be in the same
> directory as
> the node was installed to.

Can't say I understand how to do this ...

> And are you sure that Start Freenet, Stop Freenet, Browse Freenet aren't
> on
> your start menu? Under "All Programs", under "The Free Network Project"

Definitely.

I gave up on Windows and went over to the Linux side of my computer but
didn't have any success there either.

I followed the instructions here:
http://freenetproject.org/download.html

and got the following output:
me at me:~$ wget
http://downloads.freenetproject.org/alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
--16:54:03--
http://downloads.freenetproject.org/alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
           => `new_installer.jar'
Resolving downloads.freenetproject.org... 89.16.176.201
Connecting to downloads.freenetproject.org|89.16.176.201|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location:
http://get.freenetproject.org/get.php?location=/alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
[following]
--16:54:03--
http://get.freenetproject.org/get.php?location=/alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
           => `get.php?location=%2Falpha%2Finstaller%2Fnew_installer.jar'
Resolving get.freenetproject.org... 89.16.176.201
Reusing existing connection to downloads.freenetproject.org:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found
Location:
http://mirror2.freenetproject.org//alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
[following]
--16:54:03--
http://mirror2.freenetproject.org//alpha/installer/new_installer.jar
           => `new_installer.jar'
Resolving mirror2.freenetproject.org... 92.243.9.147
Connecting to mirror2.freenetproject.org|92.243.9.147|:80... connected.
Length: 1,481,085 (1.4M) [application/java-archive]

100%[====================================>] 1,481,085    425.35K/s    ETA
00:00

16:54:07 (419.43 KB/s) - `new_installer.jar' saved [1481085/1481085]

me at me-laptop:~$ java -jar new_installer.jar
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit:
gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicLookAndFeel.initialize(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.setLookAndFeel(libgcj.so.81)
   at javax.swing.UIManager.<clinit>(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
   at
com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.loadLookAndFeel(GUIInstaller.java:417)
   at com.izforge.izpack.installer.GUIInstaller.<init>(GUIInstaller.java:97)
   at java.lang.Class.newInstance(libgcj.so.81)
   at com.izforge.izpack.installer.Installer.main(Installer.java:62)
Caused by: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libgtkpeer: libgtkpeer.so:
   at java.lang.Runtime._load(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(libgcj.so.81)
   at gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit.<clinit>(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.initializeClass(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.81)
   at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.81)
   ...8 more

I then tried http://127.0.0.1:8888/wizard/ as suggested and got:
Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8888.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a
few moments.
*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.
*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make
sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Maybe my ISP is block Freenet?

I tried downloading the installer and clicking on it but it wouldn't open ...

Bit lost,

M!