On Tue, 13 Jan 2009 14:12:01 -0000 (GMT)
mihail at riseup.net wrote:

> I have now found that in the directory 'Users' there is a folder for my
> usual username and also one for 'Freenet' but I can find no icons to click
> on there or any way of switching to that user ...

The Freenet user is limited to running the Freenet service and little more.
This is a security feature, and it is necessary because the only alternative
would be to run the freenet service as 'system' and that's BAD.
The Freenet user is a very limited account that isn't supposed to be used as a
regular user account, therefore it doesn't show up in the 'welcome screen.