Currently running:

1.2.3-RC1
built on Wed Apr 1 16:59:10 EDT 2009

Changed the CARP config-- had a redundant member that I removed, so I shut
pfsync off. However, I kept getting messages along the top that XMLRPC sync
was failing. I checked, and it was disabled--so, I unchecked absolutely
everything and saved and rebooted, but the errors persisted.

I think I found the problem. I downloaded my config file and had a look.
Check out the following section:

      <installedpackages>

            <carpsettings>

                  <config>

                        <pfsyncenabled/>

                        <pfsyncinterface>opt3</pfsyncinterface>

                        <pfsyncpeerip/>

                        <synchronizerules/>

                        <synchronizeschedules/>

                        <synchronizealiases/>

                        <synchronizenat/>

                        <synchronizeipsec/>

                        <synchronizewol/>

                        <synchronizestaticroutes/>

                        <synchronizelb/>

                        <synchronizevirtualip/>

                        <synchronizetrafficshaper/>

                        <synchronizednsforwarder/>

                        <synchronizetoip/>

                        <password/>

                  </config>

                  <config>

                        <pfsyncenabled/>on</pfsyncenabled>

                        <pfsyncinterface>opt3</pfsyncinterface>

                        <pfsyncpeerip/>

                        <synchronizerules>on</synchronizerules>

                        <synchronizeschedules>on</synchronizeschedules>

                        <synchronizealiases>on</synchronizealiases>

                        <synchronizenat>on</synchronizenat>

                        <synchronizeipsec>on</synchronizeipsec>

                        <synchronizewol>on</synchronizewol>

<synchronizestaticroutes>on</synchronizestaticroutes>

                        <synchronizelb>on</synchronizelb>

                        <synchronizevirtualip>on</synchronizevirtualip>

<synchronizetrafficshaper>on</synchronizetrafficshaper>

                        <synchronizednsforwarder/>

                        <synchronizetoip>172.19.0.2</synchronizetoip>

                        <password>xxxxxxxxxx</password>

                  </config>

                  <config>

                        <pfsyncenabled>on</pfsyncenabled>

                        <pfsyncinterface>opt3</pfsyncinterface>

                        <pfsyncpeerip/>

                        <synchronizerules>on</synchronizerules>

                        <synchronizeschedules>on</synchronizeschedules>

                        <synchronizealiases>on</synchronizealiases>

                        <synchronizenat>on</synchronizenat>

                        <synchronizeipsec>on</synchronizeipsec>

                        <synchronizewol>on</synchronizewol>

<synchronizestaticroutes>on</synchronizestaticroutes>

                        <synchronizelb>on</synchronizelb>

                        <synchronizevirtualip>on</synchronizevirtualip>

<synchronizetrafficshaper>on</synchronizetrafficshaper>

<synchronizednsforwarder>on</synchronizednsforwarder>

                        <synchronizetoip>172.19.0.3</synchronizetoip>

                        <password>xxxxxxxxx</password>

                  </config>

            </carpsettings>

      </installedpackages>

Shouldn't <config></config> only be in there once? Looks like it added
another <config></config> section it each time I tried to change/save it,
and it's only using the last one.

Bug or user error?

Dimitri Rodis

Integrita Systems LLC