On 2009-12-09, Jim Pingle <li...@pingle.org> wrote:
> Are you sure that your DSL link is solid and noise-free? I have seen
> cases where routers would sign on but could not pass traffic and it
> turned out to be a weak DSL signal. Does this same line work with any
> other router?

It works with the same physical setup and 1.2.3-RC1 but not 1.2.3-RC3.

> As Ermal said, posting the full log might help, even if you don't see
> anything out of the ordinary. Some other info that would be helpful
> would be the output of "ifconfig -a" and "netstat -rn" while connected.
> Perhaps also a traceroute to the next hop and DNS servers.

I made a special trip - log attached.  A check of my tcpdump
monitoring actually indicates that while ng0 does not see return
traffic, the physical interface (actually fxp3) does.  It's also
indicating that the return packets are 2 bytes larger than it expects
(86B versus 84B for ICMP to 4.2.2.2).