Am 09.12.2009 um 15:38 schrieb RB:

I made a special trip - log attached.  A check of my tcpdump
monitoring actually indicates that while ng0 does not see return
traffic, the physical interface (actually fxp3) does.  It's also
indicating that the return packets are 2 bytes larger than it expects
(86B versus 84B for ICMP to 4.2.2.2).
<mpd.log>

"Something" changed with mpd between 1.2.3-RC1 and 1.2.3-RC3 to the
extent that it no longer works for my ADSL provider.  I don't know if
it was a change within mpd itself, the removal of the ng_* modules, or
something completely different, but pfSense is not currently a viable
router for me.

in short: they switched to FreeBSD-7.2

Hi there,

i guess its a problem of FreeBSD > 7.1 with some fxp(4) chip-sets.

I had a similar problem and submitted a bug to FreeBSD:
but i was not able to check out if this is working or not, so ...

Your best chance is to disable checksum offloading
ifconfig fxpX inet ... -rxsum
or wait for a newer version of FreeBSD

What does "pciconv -lc" gives you?
f...@pci0:2:11:0: class=0x020000 card=0x000c8086 chip=0x12098086 rev=0x09 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
    device     = '8255xER/IT Fast Ethernet Controller'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

Tom

--
kommunity GmbH & Co.KG - Goseriede 4, D-30159 Hannover
Telefon: +49 (0)5 11 - 80 72 58 - 0  Fax: +49 (0)5 11 - 80 72 58 - 10