On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 12:22, Mehma Sarja <mehmasa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I researched an earlier post of "SUPERMICRO MBD-X7SPE-H-O Mini ITX Intel
> Atom" board and it looks like a good option. Albeit a bit expensive. It can
> handle 4 GB RAM. So the question is what kinds of enclosures are good for
> this form-factor? I'll probably go with a laptop drive. The enclosures at my
> local Fry's all look pretty flimsy and crappy.

I'm a big fan of the Jetway barebones cases, I have this [1] one, but
didn't need huge amounts of processing power.  They also produce an
Atom-based one [2] that is awfully similar processor-wise and uses
standard RAM (not notebook).  The main thing that brought me to them
was their full-height PCI slots - the number of drive channels didn't
count much as I'm just running on a SATA-to-CF adapter anyway.  The
only problem I had was that the PCI slots are *just* barely large
enough, my 4-port FXP card almost didn't fit.

The Atom Jetway, 512M of memory, a SATA/CF adapter and a 4GB CF card
all together cost about as much as that motherboard by itself.  Is
there any specific reason you need 4GB of memory?

[1] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856107059
[2] http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16856107036