Hello, once again, surround list -

My apologies for the continued emails from my end - as you can tell, I'm trying
to muddle through some location recording this weekend, and am running in to
things I've never dealt with before.  To whit:

I've just come back from recording in Times Square and discovered that I was
picking up the radio.  I'm using a TetraMic, and I'm guessing that the 6'
extension cable that goes from the mic to the break-out cable might be the weak
link, as it looks rather thin and is probably unshielded.  From the PPAs I have
four 3-foot XLR cables that are then going in to the 788T, so they might be
part of the problem, as well.

I know that in picking Times Square as a recording subject I'm walking in to
one of the heavier RF zones in the city, but I'm hoping that somebody here
might have some tips of things I can try to work around it...?  Is there some
way I can shield the cables in a d.i.y. fashion, for instance?

thanks yet again,

- jascha